We are delighted to announce that AVS has retained Grade A Safe-T-Cert status for the second consecutive year. Safe-T-Cert is a certification scheme designed for certifying the Safety Management Systems of organisations working in the construction industry.
The scheme’s objective is to improve health and safety management by providing objective standards and certifying organisations whose safety management systems have been assessed, and can demonstrate that they:
- Are inline with the ILO guidelines for Safety Management Systems.
- Meet the basic requirements for training and competence.
- Implement an occupational health and safety management system which meets the requirements of the organisation and incorporates continual improvement.
- Address relevant national legislation.
- Demonstrates commitment at all levels within the organisation.
Our Safety Management System is a holistic systematic approach to managing safety, including the necessary organisational structures, accountabilities, policies and procedures. At AVS we believe that all work activities can be completed in a safe manner with the inclusion of proper risk assessment, relevant operational procedures and effective training.
The safety of all our employees and other parties who may be affected by our work remains at the forefront of our business. The Grade A Safe-T-Cert is a reflection of our continuous commitment to developing and instilling a safety led ethos throughout the organisation.
We recognise that there are always improvements to be made and so we will strive to develop better systems and processes to provide a safer work environment for all affected by our activities.